3426 Hoxie Gorge Freetown Road
Cherry Knoll Farm was settled in approximately 1850 by Lester Hall and has been family-owned since. Originally a 141 acre dairy farm plus a 13 acre wood lot, the farm was named for the grove of black cherry trees that stood on the knoll near the edge of the property. The original plank house, framed with hand-hewn beams, still stands today and is the home of winemaker Terry K. Perfetti, a sixth-generation family member.
Originally a dairy farm, the land has been used for fruits, vegetables and grain since 1982. As of 1985, Cherry Knoll Farm has only grown blueberries. The 10 varieties of handpicked blueberries are used to make 100% blueberry wines and vinegars, available on FarmersWeb.
Originally a dairy farm, the land has been used for fruits, vegetables and grain in recent decades - during the years 1982 to 1983 there were fields of asparagus, strawberries and raspberries - the first blueberries were planted in 1985. Currently Cherry Knoll Farm produces only blueberries. These blueberries are used for making 6 blueberry wines and blueberry wine vinegar.