Last Updated: May 9, 2018
California Privacy Rights
- We gather Personal Information about our Users in order to provide services, comply with laws, and improve our offerings.
- We do not share your information with unaffiliated companies for marketing purposes without your prior permission.
- Unless you opt out, we may share information about you among companies affiliated with us to inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
Personal Information and Other Data We Collect
We may also, in the future but do not currently now, use third-party advertising companies to target and show you advertisements when you visit the Website. These third-party advertisers may use web beacons and may send "cookies" to your computer or other device to gather information about your preferences to provide you with advertising that is more likely to relate to your interests. In the event we begin to use third-party advertising companies, that information will be provided on updated versions of this Policy.
Do Not Track Signals
Certain web browsers provide users with an option by which you may have your browser send a "Do Not Track" signal to websites that you are visiting, advising the recipient websites that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. However, the way browsers communicate such "Do Not Track" signals is not yet uniform and, accordingly, our Website does not take any action in response to such signals. In the event a final standard is developed and accepted, we may reassess how we should respond to such signals.
Use of Your Information
If you are a registered Seller we use your information to process and administer details of your account, to enable payments to be made you, to communicate with you, to deliver information and services to you, to provide you with opportunities, to facilitate communication between Users, and to keep you informed as to new developments at FarmersWeb. We also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can enhance the Website to better meet and understand the needs and interests of our customers. If you are a registered Buyer, we use your information to communicate with you and to make accessible to you on the Site the farms able to service your delivery area. We also use your information to:
- to give you notice of and/or resolve any problems that may arise in connection with our services,
- to analyze the success of our services and Website and for research and development purposes,
- to manage the Website's interactive functionality,
- to help us improve and enhance the Website experience for all of its visitors, and customize the content on our Website,
- for compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations,
- as otherwise reasonably required to provide customer services and maintain the Website,
- to investigate potentially unlawful activity,
- as otherwise permitted by law.
FarmersWeb may also use the information you voluntarily provide to contact you via direct postal mail and/or electronically to the extent such activity is permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Information
FarmersWeb may disclose your information in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime. If we sell our company or any part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, FarmersWeb may disclose your information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services. FarmersWeb does not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your information to a non-affiliated third party for purposes of marketing by such third party, or for any reason, unless we have your consent, except as described below
- We may disclose Personal Information about you to third parties or to government entities as required by law or regulation or in response to subpoenas, to credit bureaus and collection agencies, or when necessary to protect your rights or property or that of FarmersWeb.
- To help us improve our services to you, we may engage another business to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, fulfillment, member service, member satisfaction surveys or other data collection activities relevant to our business. We may also provide your information to third parties to help FarmersWeb and its commercial partners, and service providers deliver information to you, and for other purposes as are reasonably necessary to provide the services requested by you. Use of the information shared is strictly limited to the performance of the task we request and for no other purpose. All third parties with which we share Personal Information are required to protect Personal Information in a manner similar to the way we protect Personal Information.
We also may disclose anonymous aggregated statistics about visitors to the Website, along with anonymous information concerning individual users of the Website, including but not limited to aggregate information we currently or in the future collect, including but not limited to aggregate sales and product availability data. We may combine anonymous information and/or aggregate information we collect with additional anonymous and/or aggregate information collected from other sources.
FarmersWeb may also use data provided by Sellers about Sellers’ products, output, and related farm crop and/or harvest information, and may disclose such data and information but only in an anonymized and/or aggregated form to provide certain end-users with information about farm activity, including but not limited to harvest information in different regions across the country. Sellers acknowledge and agree that FarmersWeb shall have the right to use such aggregated and/or anonymized data without notification or payment to Sellers.
Information Visible to Other Users
Certain information that you voluntarily provide to FarmersWeb will be visible to other Users. If you have registered for a Seller's Account, information that you have voluntarily chosen to include on your profile page, such as information about your farm and products, including photographs, may be visible to Users with Buyer's Accounts.
Options to Review and Opt-Out Choices
At certain points where Personal Information is collected on our Website, there may be a box to indicate that you wish to receive certain information or communications from us. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications, such as emails from us at any time. In all of our electronic communications you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications. You may also opt-out or change your preferences by providing opt-out instructions – e.g. sending an email to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com including the contact information we are using to communicate with you, such as your email address. Be sure to let us know the specific types of communications you no longer wish to receive.
In addition to having the ability to opt-out of receiving electronic communications, such as emails from FarmersWeb, Users may access, review and, in certain situations, update, revise and/or delete certain Personal Information by editing the information directly in your FarmersWeb account. Additionally, please note that while you may edit such information, a copy of the unrevised information may be maintained in FarmersWeb's records after any such revision or deletion.
If for any reason you wish to discontinue the use of the Website and have your Personal Information removed from our database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and Information Storage and Retention
FarmersWeb will maintain reasonable procedures to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information provided to it by Users, in accordance with Applicable Law.
There are industry standard safeguards in place to protect Users' Personal Information, such as the use of firewalls and SSL certificates, and limiting access to such information by company personnel. Personal Information will be stored in databases and servers located in the United States. However, no transmission made through the internet can be made completely secure, and accordingly, we will not be liable for the disclosure of any Users' Personal Information that occurs as a result of transmission errors or the actions of any third party to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In the unlikely event that we determine that there may have been a security breach that results in the unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information to a third party, FarmersWeb will promptly notify users whose Personal Information it reasonably believes may have been compromised by posting information on the Website and, if email contact is possible, then also by sending an email notification with respect to the situation.
Collection Of Information From Children
FarmersWeb does not direct any of its content specifically to children under 13 years of age. Users of our Site are required to be at least 18 years old, and any user under 18 is not an authorized user. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we use reasonable efforts to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
Consent To Processing In The United States
Changes to This Policy
If you have any questions concerning California Privacy Rights you may contact us at: email@example.com